List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 14 2003 9:49pm
Subject:Re: Invalid Date Bug
View as plain text
At 16:43 -0500 2/14/03, Don Vu wrote:
>Is it just me, or does Mysql allow invalid dates to be entered into
>columns with date datatype? I found some data that blew up in a perl
>script when doing some date manipulation, and it turns out I have
>invalid dates in my database, such as June 31, 2003. Of course June
>never has 31 days.
>
>Is this a known bug? honestly, this seems like a pretty basic thing
>to validate. Is there a patch/fix for it?

It's by design.  MySQL does only minimal validation of date values
for maximum server speed.

Validate your dates on the client end.  If, as you say, it's a pretty
basic thing, it shouldn't be too difficult. :-)

Thread
Invalid Date BugDon Vu14 Feb
  • Re: Invalid Date BugKeith C. Ivey14 Feb
  • Re: Invalid Date BugPeter Grigor14 Feb
    • Re: Invalid Date BugPaul DuBois14 Feb
  • Re: Invalid Date BugPeter Grigor14 Feb
    • Load Data Infile problem.Webmaster MBT14 Feb
Re: Invalid Date BugPaul DuBois14 Feb
RE: Invalid Date BugDon Vu14 Feb