List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Gerrard Date:September 16 1999 5:50am
Subject:RE: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?
View as plain text
Martin,

Not quite what you are looking for, but a step in that direction...

http://www.leagans.com/programs.htm

The "Family Access Web" listed on the above page takes GEDCOM 5.5 format
data and converts it to Access 97 or 2000 tables.  From that, you could
probably gets hints on table layout for MySQL.  Hope this helps.

>does anybody here happen to know, if there exists some WWW based
>genealogy software, ideally with MySQL as database backend?
>
>What I'd like to do is to set up web pages, where all relatives could
>get authorized access and then should be able to maintain parts of a
>family tree.  It should be easy to add comments and stories to persons
>already registered.  You get the idea ...

Thread
Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Martin Ramsch13 Sep
  • Re: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Ken13 Sep
    • Re: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?sasha13 Sep
    • RE: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Bill Gerrard16 Sep
  • Re: Genealogy WWW software based on MySQL?Micheal Mc Evoy13 Sep