List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 13 2003 10:34pm
Subject:Re: Enable InnoDB in RPM install?
View as plain text
>On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:33:31PM -0600, Paul DuBois wrote:
>>  At 12:43 -0800 2/13/03, John Oliver wrote:
>>  >I've got MySQL installed via RPM on a Red Hat 8.0 machine.  How do I
>>  >enable InnoDB?
>>
>>  If it's < MySQL 4, install the -Max RPM on top of your existing installation
>>  to get a server with InnoDB enabled.  If it's MySQL >= 4, InnoDB is
>>  included already; you don't need to do anything.
>
>There is no -Max RPM on the Red Hat CDs.  Nor can I find a matching -Max
>RPM on rpmfind.net

Use the RPMs from www.mysql.com. (look in the MySQL-Max-3.23 directory
under Downloads, not in the MySQL-3.23 directory).

>The instructions for the binary .tar.gz say to uncomment a few lines in
>my.cnf (those lines don't exist with the RPM installation).  Why is this
>more difficult with RPMs?

You'll have to ask RedHat about that, I guess.

>   I really want to use RPMs instead of tarballs
>if I can.
>
>--
>John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
>Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/
>***               sendmail, Apache, ftp, DNS, spam filtering         ***
>****                Colocation, T1s, web/email/ftp hosting          ****

Thread
Enable InnoDB in RPM install?John Oliver13 Feb
  • Re: Enable InnoDB in RPM install?Paul DuBois13 Feb
    • Re: Enable InnoDB in RPM install?John Oliver13 Feb
      • Re: Enable InnoDB in RPM install?Paul DuBois13 Feb
      • Re: Enable InnoDB in RPM install?Mark Matthews13 Feb
        • Re: Enable InnoDB in RPM install?John Oliver13 Feb