List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 13 2003 9:23pm
Subject:Re: Strange sorting in table
View as plain text
At 19:55 +0100 2/13/03, Viktor Vasiliou wrote:
>Hi Stefan,
>
>Thanks for your reply!
>
>The table has just been created, and has therefore no deleted
>entries. ID 1-1000 was created by myself, ID 1002 was created when a
>new user registered at the website. ID 1001, 1003, 1004, etc is
>sorted correctly.
>
>There is three tables in the database which all get a new row when a
>user signup. First, an entry is created in "tblmembers" (using
>auto_increment). After that, an entry is created in two other tables
>(using mysql_insert_id to set the right ID in the primary key
>columns).
>
>Any idea?

The information you provide here doesn't really address Stefan's suggestion
at all.  Are you retrieving the values using a SELECT statement that
include an ORDER BY ID clause?  If not, add one and see if that solves
the problem.  If you are, then is your AUTO_INCREMENT column an integer
column (not a CHAR or VARCHAR or something other than integer)?  If it
is an integer column, then let's see the structure of your table.

>Regards,
>Viktor Vasiliou

Thread
Strange sorting in tableViktor Vasiliou12 Feb
  • Re: Strange sorting in tableStefan Hinz12 Feb
  • Re: Strange sorting in tableViktor Vasiliou13 Feb
    • Re[2]: Strange sorting in tableStefan Hinz13 Feb
    • Re: Strange sorting in tablePaul DuBois13 Feb
  • Re: Strange sorting in tableViktor Vasiliou13 Feb