List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 13 2003 5:09pm
Subject:RE: Create database via ODBC
View as plain text
At 16:40 +0000 2/13/03, cjanders@stripped wrote:
>If that is done with the engine already running, will the DB be recognized
>without a restart?

Yes.

>Also - do you happen to know if I am able to determine where the mysql/data
>directory resides from a given DB connection?   It will not always be the same
>location for the different installs that are going to be converted.

You can ask the server to tell you its data directory location by issuing
this query:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'datadir'

For the installation directory, use 'basedir' rather than 'datadir'.

>Thanks
>
>Carlin
>>  It's dead simple to create a MySQL database -- it's just a directory under
>>  mysql\data. If you want to do it from Access, just determine where the
>>  mysql\data directory is and then create the subdirectory.
>>  Hth,
>>  Arthur

Thread
Create database via ODBCcjanders13 Feb
RE: Create database via ODBCArthur Fuller13 Feb
RE: Create database via ODBCcjanders13 Feb
RE: Create database via ODBCPaul DuBois13 Feb