List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alec.Cawley Date:February 12 2003 3:33pm
Subject:Re: Is there anything equivalent to Oracle9i's list partitioning?
View as plain text

> I've recently learned that Oracle has the ability to partition table
> data, Oracle9i's list partitioning feature.

> http://www.oracle.com/oramag/oracle/02-jan/index.html?o12part.html

> I'm trying to find out if MySQL or any open source database has
> something equivalent to this.

See the MySQL MERGE TABLE type - http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/MERGE.html

You have to allocate inserts to different "partitions" in your application,
but you can merge many partition tables into one for the purpose of SELECT,
DELETE, and UPDATE.

      Alec

Thread
Is there anything equivalent to Oracle9i's list partitioning?Jeff Bearer12 Feb
  • Re: Is there anything equivalent to Oracle9i's list partitioning?Dan Nelson12 Feb
  • Re: Is there anything equivalent to Oracle9i's list partitioning?Dr. Frank Ullrich13 Feb
Re: Is there anything equivalent to Oracle9i's list partitioning?Alec.Cawley12 Feb