List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Artem Koutchine Date:February 12 2003 3:27pm
Subject:Re: Very slow select query with IN(...)
View as plain text
No, I do not believe that MHZ is the bottle neck.  Basically,
we can ignore that this is a dual box, because it is a
FREEBSD and only one CPU runs a whole process.
650Mhz is enough for doing a little web search engine and
I have seen a lot of applications which use the same technology
(vocabulary table <-> word index table <-> document table)
for seaching GIGABYTES of documents and everything runs
very fast (about 5 seconds for 1Gig of documents).  FULLTEXT
does not do morphology. That is word forms as well
as synonims (i am actually working with Russian language
where words change in many ways depending if it is
plural, male, female, etc).

Actually, i cannot belive that it takes mysql 2 seconds
to select 120 records from a table with two ints with
230000 records with a index. This just sounds unreal.