List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 15 1999 11:25pm
Subject:Re: ADO with MySQL
View as plain text
>>>>> "Shakya" == Shakya Jones <shakya@stripped> writes:

Shakya> Thanks Jeff and others for guiding me to MyODBC. One question though - do
Shakya> you know if I will pay a significant performance penalty for going in
Shakya> through MyODBC? I have one app that will use the Delphi visual components -
Shakya> I'm not so worried about that - since's it's interactive, a performance hit
Shakya> may not show too much. My other use for Delphi/MySQL is to write a web
Shakya> server app in Delphi against a MySQL database. That needs to be fast and I
Shakya> know it would be faster to just use one of the Delphi wrapper packages
Shakya> available for the MySQL functions. But my preference is to use the Delphi
Shakya> TDataset object oriented component approach that I'm used to as a Delphi
Shakya> programmer, which works with ADO, thus requiring MyODBC - but only if the
Shakya> performance tradeoff is not HUGE. What do you think?

Shakya> Thanks,
Shakya> Shakya

Hi!

The performance penalty for using MyODBC is about 19 %.
(This is measured by running the MySQL benchmarks suite)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
ADO with MySQLShakya Jones12 Sep
  • Re: ADO with MySQLJeff Urban12 Sep
  • Re: ADO with MySQLSasha Pachev13 Sep
    • Re: ADO with MySQLJeff Urban13 Sep
      • Re: ADO with MySQLShakya Jones13 Sep
        • Re: ADO with MySQLMichael Widenius16 Sep
    • Re: ADO with MySQLMatthias Fichtner13 Sep