List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 15 1999 9:54pm
Subject:GRANT/REVOKE wrong for tables?
View as plain text
>>>>> "mlthomas" == mlthomas  <mlthomas@stripped> writes:

mlthomas> All privileges may be granted to a user on a table. This includes the
mlthomas> However, all of them cannot be revoked.
mlthomas> After revoking all the privileges from a user on a specific table,
mlthomas> the mysql.tables_priv table still shows the user as having grant,
mlthomas> references, index and alter privileges. (References privilege is not
mlthomas> allowed for tables anyway?--another bug)

mlthomas> I am not subscribed to this mailing list. If this has already been
mlthomas> noticed, I apologize.

>> How-To-Repeat:

mlthomas> GRANT ALL ON somedb.sometable TO user@localhost;
mlthomas> REVOKE ALL ON somedb.sometable FROM user@localhost;

mlthomas> SELECT * FROM tables_priv;
mlthomas> #from the database mysql, shows that Grant, References, Index and Alter are
mlthomas> still present

>> Fix:

*** /my/monty/master/mysql-3.22.26a/sql/sql_acl.cc	Sat Aug 28 15:10:45 1999
--- ./sql_acl.cc	Thu Sep 16 00:50:38 1999
***************
*** 1431,1437 ****
      if (revoke)
      {
        // column rights are already fixed in mysql_table_grant !
!       store_table_rights=j & ~rights;
      }
      else
      {
--- 1431,1437 ----
      if (revoke)
      {
        // column rights are already fixed in mysql_table_grant !
!       store_table_rights=j & ~store_table_rights;
      }
      else
      {

Regards,
Monty
Thread
GRANT/REVOKE wrong for tables?mlthomas11 Sep
  • GRANT/REVOKE wrong for tables?Michael Widenius16 Sep
  • Re: Bug with Query in MySQL 4.0.4/RedHat 8.0Sinisa Milivojevic23 Oct