List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:September 15 1999 9:42pm
Subject:Re: setup question
View as plain text
At 16:29, 19990915, Apoc wrote:
>I also chown'ed the /var/lib/mysql directory to be owned by user mysql.
>I can then run /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql stop to stop the server and then
>proceed to restart the server as the mysql user.
>
>#su mysql
>bash$ ./mysql start

Huh.  I still think that /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql isn't what's being run
at startup, then.  What softlink is pointing to that script?  Put an
echo "HEY!!!  THIS SUCKS!!!  AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT!" in that
file, and see if it gets printed out when your system boots.

Tim
Thread
setup questionApoc15 Sep
  • Re: setup questionThimble Smith15 Sep