List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zak Greant Date:February 8 2003 9:09pm
Subject:Re: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?
View as plain text
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:28:03PM -0800, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> I searched google, but didn't find anything.
>
> SYNOPSIS:
>
> Wondering if anyone knows of, or has built, or is interested in building
> a program that will take two .sql schema dumps (one new and one old) and
> create the ALTER / CREATE TABLE syntax to make the old one look like the
> new one. It should work in such a way that it doesn't matter if the
> table's schema are in the same order or not.

  Hello Daevid,

  One of the people who submitted a paper to the MySQL User Conference
  has built a system like this - but AFAIK he has not put it on the web
  yet.   I will write him to ask if he wants to share before the
  conference.

  Cheers!
--
 Zak Greant <zak@stripped> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

Developing Dynamic Web Applications with MySQL and PHP
  MySQL Training: San Francisco, February 03-07, 2003
  Visit http://mysql.com/training for more information

Sincere Choice: Supporting a Fair Software Market (http://sincerechoice.org)
Thread
Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Daevid Vincent7 Feb
  • Re: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Insanely Great8 Feb
  • RE: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Sherzod Ruzmetov8 Feb
  • Re: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Zak Greant8 Feb
Re: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Karam Chand9 Feb
  • RE: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Lance Lovette12 Feb