List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:olinux Date:February 8 2003 7:49pm
Subject:Re: How to Archive and restore the data in MySQL database.
View as plain text
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html#Backup

mysqldump is my preferred method

[snip]
The most normal use of mysqldumpis probably for making
a backup of whole databases. See section 4.4.1
Database Backups.

mysqldump --opt database > backup-file.sql
You can read this back into MySQL with:

mysql database < backup-file.sql
[/snip]

here's a recent thread that may help
http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?1:msp:129215:aflndljbbfiablpcodgj

olinux

--- Prasad Budim Ram <pram@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Can any of you give me links about Archiving and
> restoring the data in
> MySQL database. Are there any utilities for the
> same?
> Thanks in advance,
> Ram

> Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

http://mailplus.yahoo.com
Thread
How to Archive and restore the data in MySQL database.Prasad Budim Ram7 Feb
  • Re: How to Archive and restore the data in MySQL database.Dan Nelson8 Feb
  • Re: How to Archive and restore the data in MySQL database.olinux8 Feb
  • RE: How to Archive and restore the data in MySQL database.B. van Ouwerkerk8 Feb
    • Table performance, indexing?Magnus Sj√§lander10 Feb
  • Re: How to Archive and restore the data in MySQL database.Stefan Hinz8 Feb
Re: How to Archive and restore the data in MySQL database.mysql-list-bot8 Feb