List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sherzod Ruzmetov Date:February 8 2003 4:28pm
Subject:RE: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?
View as plain text
    : SYNOPSIS:
    :
    : Wondering if anyone knows of, or has built, or is
    : interested in building
    : a program that will take two .sql schema dumps (one new
    : and one old) and
    : create the ALTER / CREATE TABLE syntax to make the old
    : one look like the
    : new one. It should work in such a way that it doesn't
    : matter if the
    : table's schema are in the same order or not.
    :

I actually tried to develop something of that sort, but parsing mysql
statements accurately
turned out to be a little more complex than I initially expected. Didn't
want to spend
too much time than I was willing to. So I quit.

Sherzod

Thread
Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Daevid Vincent7 Feb
  • Re: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Insanely Great8 Feb
  • RE: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Sherzod Ruzmetov8 Feb
  • Re: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Zak Greant8 Feb
Re: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Karam Chand9 Feb
  • RE: Is there a SQL/diff program out there?Lance Lovette12 Feb