List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:February 7 2003 4:45pm
Subject:Re: MySQL IMAP Server
View as plain text
Ben Clewett wrote:

> I was rather trying to find an IMAP server using MySQL.  Ie, somewhere
> to store my millions of email messages, from many execlent mailing
> lists, and get at them fast...

What you want is the Courier-IMAP mail server which uses the Maildir
format to store its messages, running on ReiserFS.

Maildir is a one file per message storage format for more reliability
and faster message finding because of ReiserFS which uses very fast
B+-type tree searching of filenames.

See http://www.inter7.com for more information.

(This is what I use, and I have hundreds of thousands of E-mails in IMAP
format, some of my clients, using the same servers have gigabytes of
E-mails stored this way and find it to be faster than local storage).

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
updated MySQL bookLisi4 Feb
  • MySQL IMAP ServerBen Clewett4 Feb
    • Re: MySQL IMAP ServerJosh Trutwin5 Feb
    • Re: MySQL IMAP ServerB. van Ouwerkerk5 Feb
    • Re: MySQL IMAP ServerPaul DuBois5 Feb
      • Re: MySQL IMAP ServerBen Clewett6 Feb
        • Re: MySQL IMAP ServerMichael T. Babcock7 Feb
        • Re: MySQL IMAP ServerErik Retz8 Feb
      • Re: MySQL IMAP ServerCurtis Maurand11 Feb
Re: updated MySQL bookPaul DuBois4 Feb