List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 6 2003 10:47pm
Subject:Re: Using SET in the INSERT statement
View as plain text
At 14:19 +1000 2/5/03, boclair wrote:
>I notice some of my colleagues using SET in INSERT statements.
>
>DuBois makes a short reference on  p565, DoorStop1.

The reference is short because there isn't much to say about it. :-)
The SET clause consists of col_name=value assignments, separated
by comma if there is more than one assignment.  That's all.

Other examples are on pp 40-41 (Doorstop I) or p48 (Doorstop II).

>The Manual has some mention in http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/SET.html
>
>I sort of get it  but I am looking for a fuller explanation.
>
>Louise

Thread
Using SET in the INSERT statementboclair5 Feb
  • Re: Using SET in the INSERT statementKeith C. Ivey5 Feb
    • Re: Using SET in the INSERT statementboclair7 Feb
  • RE: Using SET in the INSERT statementJennifer Goodie5 Feb
    • Re: Using SET in the INSERT statementboclair7 Feb
  • Re: Using SET in the INSERT statementPaul DuBois6 Feb
  • Re: Using SET in the INSERT statementboclair7 Feb
    • Re: Using SET in the INSERT statementPaul DuBois8 Feb
  • request for unsubscribe ingoredAlex Shi10 Feb
  • Re: request for unsubscribe ingoredVan11 Feb