List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Menzel Date:February 3 2003 3:51pm
Subject:Re: 4G file limit
View as plain text
Hi,
 Even if you have large file support you must tell mysql to use long
pointers when creating the table.  The way to accomplih this is to add
the MAX_ROWS table option when creating the table,  just make it a
really large number like 5000000000.  You can verify this effect by
BEFORE makeing the change, use SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE 'MYTABLE' .
Then look at the max_data_length column.  Before you change it will be
this 4294967295 (4.0G),  after your change it will be something like
1099511627775.

Yes,  the error message does not make sense.  I have not had time to
build a test case to get to MySQL so they can give us a better error
message.

See this manual page for info on create table.
http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/R/CREATE_TABLE.html

You can just alter the table with this option.

Hope this helps,