List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Clyde Date:February 2 2003 9:38am
Subject:When are MyIsam Tables physically updated?
View as plain text
Hi,

I am just trying to get a handle on when tables are physically written to disk. (ignoring
whatever operating system level caching that may be going on)

IE If you do some updates/inserts to a MyIsam table and then have a power failure will you
ALWAYS loose those updates (Even if the power failure is after say 5 minutes of inactivity
on a table, assuming no intervening FLUSH command), or does the server do a write to disk
based on some algorithm (eg low activity or Number of updates)?

I understand the operating system may do its own caching and hence have a bearing on this
- but at this stage I just need to know how/when MySql Physically writes the tables to
disk.

Thanks
Clyde England

Thread
When are MyIsam Tables physically updated?Clyde2 Feb
  • Windows Users FeedBackClyde2 Feb
  • Re: When are MyIsam Tables physically updated?Dan Nelson2 Feb
  • Re: Windows Users FeedBackGerald R. Jensen2 Feb
  • hang then resume....pazenko4 Feb
RE: When are MyIsam Tables physically updated?Peter Grigor3 Feb
  • Re: When are MyIsam Tables physically updated?Dan Nelson3 Feb
RE: hang then resume....Victor Pendleton5 Feb
  • Re: hang then resume....pazenko5 Feb
  • Re: hang then resume....pazenko6 Feb