List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 15 1999 12:28pm
Subject:MS Access & MySQL
View as plain text
> writes:

TD> Hi there,
TD> I'm reasonably new to databases and I was wondering if something is possible.
TD> MySQL contains a database that looks like this:

TD> Your MySQL connection id is 1 to server version: 3.22.23b
mysql> describe Articles;
TD> +-----------+--------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
TD> | Field     | Type                     | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
TD> +-----------+--------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
TD> | Art_Num   | int(5) unsigned zerofill |      | PRI | 00000   |       |
TD> | Art_Sec   | text                     |      |     | NULL    |       |
TD> | Art_Name  | text                     |      |     | NULL    |       |
TD> | Art_Price | float(6,2)               |      |     | 0.00    |       |
TD> +-----------+--------------------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

TD> Now I want to make a table in access that can update this table. So if a line
> doesn't exist in the access table it will delete it from the MySQL table and if there a
> line in the Access table that isn't in the MySQL it should be added. Also I want to use a
> pulldown menu for the second row since this will be way easier and less chance for errors.
> The second column will decide in what HTML table the item will show up and there shouldn't
> be any type errors in this, but for some reason it appears that access can't write a value
> for a pull down menu to a text field. Any ideas?

TD> Kind regards,

Hi

First; PLEASE don't post messages in HTML format to any mailing list!
Many users really HATES this as this only makes our mailboxes larger
without providing more informations.

Second:

Access can't handly float() that good trough ODBC;  If you change this
to a double it should be fine.

Another problem is that Access requeires a timestamp on all columns
(if you want to update these over ODBC).

After the above fixes, the rest shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MS Access & MySQLTD - Sales Int' Holland15 Sep
  • MS Access & MySQLMichael Widenius15 Sep
  • Re: MS Access & MySQLTD - Sales Int' Holland16 Sep