List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Maximo Migliari Date:January 31 2003 7:55pm
Subject:Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/Linuxthreads
View as plain text
These are the last two lines in config.log

#define MACHINE_TYPE "i386"
configure: exit 77

Maximo.

At 01:37 PM 31-01-03 -0600, you wrote:
>In the last episode (Jan 31), Maximo Migliari said:
> > So, my dear friends, could we conclude that Linux is a more appropriate
> > platform for running MySQL
> > on a multi-processed machine?
> >
> > I was desperate to try and compile MySQL 4.0.9-gamma on my FreeBSD
> > 4.7-stable machine, which is
> > dual processed.   I managed to compile fine once, but it gave errors when
> > executing the deamon.
> >
> > I found some instructions for compiling MySQL with linuxthreads on FreeBSD
> > 4.x from one
> > Jeremy Zawodny, at the website:
> > http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000458.html
> >
> > However, my machine complains right at the begining of the configure run
> > that:
> > checking for gcc... cc
> > checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables
>
>What's at the bottom of config.log?
>
>--
>         Dan Nelson
>         dnelson@stripped

Thread
Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJesse Sheidlower28 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJeremy Zawodny28 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJesse Sheidlower28 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher29 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJeremy Zawodny29 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson28 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher29 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson29 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsGianluca Sordiglioni29 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher30 Jan
        • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsGianluca Sordiglioni30 Jan
          • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher30 Jan
            • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
              • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson31 Jan
                • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson31 Jan
Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsEric Frazier2 Feb