List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 31 2003 7:37pm
Subject:Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/Linuxthreads
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 31), Maximo Migliari said:
> So, my dear friends, could we conclude that Linux is a more appropriate
> platform for running MySQL
> on a multi-processed machine?
>
> I was desperate to try and compile MySQL 4.0.9-gamma on my FreeBSD
> 4.7-stable machine, which is
> dual processed.   I managed to compile fine once, but it gave errors when
> executing the deamon.
>
> I found some instructions for compiling MySQL with linuxthreads on FreeBSD
> 4.x from one
> Jeremy Zawodny, at the website:
> http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000458.html
>
> However, my machine complains right at the begining of the configure run
> that:
> checking for gcc... cc
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create
> executables

What's at the bottom of config.log?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJesse Sheidlower28 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJeremy Zawodny28 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJesse Sheidlower28 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher29 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJeremy Zawodny29 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson28 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher29 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson29 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsGianluca Sordiglioni29 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher30 Jan
        • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsGianluca Sordiglioni30 Jan
          • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher30 Jan
            • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
              • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson31 Jan
                • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson31 Jan
Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsEric Frazier2 Feb