List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Salada Date:January 31 2003 1:34pm
Subject:RE: problems creating fulltext index
View as plain text
Thanks for the tip about the 14 columns, Sergei and Dan.  I reduced the
number of columns by two and the index seemed to build just fine.  I would
like to make a suggestion though.  I originally tried to create the fulltext
index with more than 16 columns and received an error saying that I could
have at most 16 columns in a fulltext index.  It would be great if the error
message could be changed to say 14 instead of 16.  If that can't be done, a
note in the manual discussing the limitation would be helpful.  Just my 2
cents!

Thanks,
Duncan

> From: Sergei Golubchik [mailto:serg@stripped]
>
> Hi!

140)

> Too many columns.
> No more than 14 is allowed in FULLTEXT index in MySQL before 4.1,
> because MySQL adds two columns internally to each FULLTEXT index.
>
> In 4.1 it was fixed, but the way it was fixed cannot be backported to
> 4.0 :(
>
> Regards,
> Sergei
>
> --
> MySQL Development Team
>    __  ___     ___ ____  __
>   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <serg@stripped>
>  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  MySQL AB, http://www.mysql.com/
> /_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  Osnabrueck, Germany
>        <___/
Thread
problems creating fulltext indexDuncan Salada28 Jan
  • Re: problems creating fulltext indexDan Nelson29 Jan
RE: problems creating fulltext indexErlend Hopsø Strømsvik29 Jan
RE: problems creating fulltext indexDuncan Salada29 Jan
  • Re: problems creating fulltext indexSergei Golubchik29 Jan
RE: problems creating fulltext indexDuncan Salada31 Jan