List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 15 1999 11:43am
Subject:Re: Is it Normal ?
View as plain text
At 6:06 AM -0500 9/15/99, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Ben-Nes Michael:
>> Nope the primary key is something else
>> But i don't want to do select on this too often so will it be wise to
>>add lots
>> of indexes ?
>
>That depends on how dynamic the table is and how often you'd want to do
>such a query.
>
>> If i add more indexes to the table wont it make it slower and heavier
>>
>Indices slow things down, but not so much that you'd notice, IF you have
>enough RAM to keep the common stuff in memory.

Can you explain what you mean by saying that indexes slow things down?

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
    • Re: Is it Normal ?Ben-Nes Michael15 Sep
  • Re: Is it Normal ?Ben-Nes Michael15 Sep
    • Re: Is it Normal ?Matthias Urlichs15 Sep
      • Re: Is it Normal ?Paul DuBois15 Sep
        • Re: Is it Normal ?Matthias Urlichs15 Sep
          • Re: Is it Normal ?Michael Widenius17 Sep
  • Re: Is it Normal ?Bob Kline15 Sep
  • Is it Normal ?Michael Widenius17 Sep
Re: Is it Normal ?Richard Ellerbrock15 Sep