List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 31 2003 1:56am
Subject:Re: MySQL Truncated returns
View as plain text
I'm 97.5% sure this will turn out to be a HTML form issue. You
probably echo the field without quotes like this

	<input type="text" name="some_name" value=Tampa Bay />

instead of

	<input type="text" name="some_name" value="Tampa Bay" />

-steve

At 11:40 AM -0500 1/30/03, Anna Noel Leavitt wrote:
>  > Hello all-
>>  I am using MySql, php and forms in HTML to update information. When I
>select results from column type VARCHAR, if the information stored
>>  in the column has a space in it (for example, Tampa Bay), it will only
>>  return Tampa (I have the length set at 30 so it is not a length issue).
>>  I tried changing the column type to text to no avail. I
>>  searched the documentation and couldn't figure it out. Can someone
>>  provide some insight for me?
>>  Thanks-
>  > Anna

| Steve Edberg                                      sbedberg@stripped |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin               http://pgfsun.ucdavis.edu/ |
| SETI@Home: 1001 Work units on 23 oct 2002                              |
| 3.152 years CPU time, 3.142 years SETI user... and STILL no aliens...  |
Re: MySQL Truncated returnsAnna Noel Leavitt30 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Truncated returnsZak Greant31 Jan
  • RE: MySQL Truncated returnsJennifer Goodie31 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Truncated returnsSteve Edberg31 Jan