List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zak Greant Date:January 30 2003 12:03am
Subject:Re: examples of user defined functions
View as plain text
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 09:22:50AM -0500, Bill Lovett wrote:
> I was reading about user defined functions, and although they sound
> interesting, I can't find many examples of their use. If anyone is using
> them, what are you using them for? Are they a way to manipulate data
> going into a record, or a way to run pre-defined queries?

  Brian Aker has some examples online @ http://software.tangent.org/

  Cheers!
--
 Zak Greant <zak@stripped> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

MySQL Tip: Find the highest score for a given name
  mysql> SELECT name, max(score) FROM high_score GROUP BY name;

Email signature rotated by Signify v1.10 <http://www.debian.org/>
Thread
examples of user defined functionsBill Lovett29 Jan
  • Re: examples of user defined functionsZak Greant30 Jan