List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 29 2003 10:28pm
Subject:Re: problems creating fulltext index
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 28), Salada, Duncan said:
> I'm running Ver 8.39 Distrib 4.0.9-gamma, for intel-linux on i686.
> I'm trying to create a fulltext index on an existing myisam table and
> running up against an error.  From what I can tell, I'm using the
> alter table command correctly, but I keep getting errno 140.  Can
> anyone point out my error?
> mysql> alter table materials add fulltext title (title,variant_title,
>        ss_title,term_1,term_2,term_3,term_4,term_5,abstract,notes,
>        personal_name_1,personal_name_2,personal_name_3,personal_name_4,
>        personal_name_5,personal_name_6);
> ERROR 1005: Can't create table './lincs/#sql-6d12_7.frm' (errno: 140)
> # perror 140
>   Error code 140:  Unknown error 140
>   140 = Wrong create options

The myisam handler will return a 140 error in a couple cases:  if you
have more than 16 fields in a key or more than 32 keys on a table, if
any of your indexed fields are not text or varchar, or another test
that I can't quite figure out, but I don't think it applies here.

From looking at the code, fulltext indexes have two invisible fields
that count against your 16-field limit.  Your index has 16 fields, so
that's probably what the problem is.  What happens if you try building
an index with only 14 fields?

	Dan Nelson
problems creating fulltext indexDuncan Salada28 Jan
  • Re: problems creating fulltext indexDan Nelson29 Jan
RE: problems creating fulltext indexErlend Hopsø Strømsvik29 Jan
RE: problems creating fulltext indexDuncan Salada29 Jan
  • Re: problems creating fulltext indexSergei Golubchik29 Jan
RE: problems creating fulltext indexDuncan Salada31 Jan