List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Igor Kutsyy Date:January 29 2003 3:15pm
Subject:Increment in update
View as plain text
Could you help me with this. I`m trying to increment values of primary auto_increment
field from table, and ofcourse it is not working. Could you tell me how to construct a
query correctly.
+-------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field   | Type           | Null  | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id      | int(11)         |         | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| descr | varchar(255) | YES| MUL | NULL    |                     |
+-------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+

mysql> update tb_roubr set id=id+1 where id>1 order by id;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'order by id' at line 1
why this is not working and what are other ways to do such a query.
-----
Получите бесплатный почтовый ящик @ukr.net на
http://freemail.ukr.net

Thread
Increment in updateIgor Kutsyy29 Jan
  • Re: Increment in updateDan Nelson30 Jan
    • Re: Increment in updateChristian Kohlschütter30 Jan
      • Re: Increment in updateDan Nelson30 Jan
        • Re: Increment in updateChristian Kohlschuetter30 Jan
  • RE: Increment in updateSherzod Ruzmetov30 Jan