List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zak Greant Date:January 28 2003 9:49pm
Subject:Re: mysql dump for remote db
View as plain text
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 10:19:19AM -0700, Mark Stringham wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could run a periodic mysql dump
> for a db that is hosted remotely - IE a web host. I do know that this host
> does not support crons.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

  If you have access to a host that runs cron, run mysqldump with the -h
  option.

  i.e. mysqldump -hmysql.example.com -usomeuser -p database name

  Cheers!
--
 Zak Greant <zak@stripped> | MySQL Advocate |  http://zak.fooassociates.com

Using and Managing MySQL
  MySQL Training: Stockholm, February 24-28, 2003
  Visit http://mysql.com/training for more information

Sincere Choice: Supporting a Fair Software Market (http://sincerechoice.org)
Thread
question about primary keyVicente Valero27 Jan
  • re: question about primary keyVictoria Reznichenko28 Jan
    • mysql dump for remote dbMark Stringham28 Jan
      • Re: mysql dump for remote dbNicholas Stuart28 Jan
      • Re: mysql dump for remote dbZak Greant28 Jan
      • Re: mysql dump for remote dbDavid T-G29 Jan
  • Re: question about primary keyDavid T-G28 Jan
Re: mysql dump for remote dbDan Nelson28 Jan
Re: mysql dump for remote dbMark Stringham29 Jan