List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nicholas Stuart Date:January 28 2003 9:51pm
Subject:Re: mysql dump for remote db
View as plain text
The biggest problem is if you want to do this from a remote pc, that pc
will need access to the server itself and the mysql client tools. It
sounds as if this pc is not on your LAN and I doubt the hosting service
will be willing to expose there database to the internet so you can do a
backup. If you do have access to the db from your computer you should be
able to schedule something as simple as:
to do your backup. Other then that I'm not sure how you could do this
since you already stated your service wont schedule cron jobs.

-Nick

Mark Stringham said:
> Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could run a periodic mysql
> dump for a db that is hosted remotely - IE a web host. I do know that
> this host does not support crons.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> thanks
>
> MS
>
> sql, query

Thread
question about primary keyVicente Valero27 Jan
  • re: question about primary keyVictoria Reznichenko28 Jan
    • mysql dump for remote dbMark Stringham28 Jan
      • Re: mysql dump for remote dbNicholas Stuart28 Jan
      • Re: mysql dump for remote dbZak Greant28 Jan
      • Re: mysql dump for remote dbDavid T-G29 Jan
  • Re: question about primary keyDavid T-G28 Jan
Re: mysql dump for remote dbDan Nelson28 Jan
Re: mysql dump for remote dbMark Stringham29 Jan