List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Sheidlower Date:January 28 2003 9:28pm
Subject:Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/Linuxthreads
View as plain text
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:17:30PM -0800, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:21:37PM -0500, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> >
> > I've been trying to install MySQL 4.0.9 on FreeBSD 4.7, and
> > have been getting stuck in the configure phase. I'd be
> > grateful for any suggestions.
> >
> > I'm running FreeBSD 4.7 on a single-processor 1.4GHz PIII,
> > using gcc 2.95.4, and trying to compile with
> > Linuxthreads. I've been using the instructions Jeremy Zawodny
> > posted in his blog at
> > http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000458.html .
> >
> > I modified Jeremy's command to eliminate some of the obvious
> > things I didn't need, and started with:
>
> [snip]
>
> > This dies relatively early with:
> >
> > checking for C compiler default output... configure: error:
> > C compiler cannot create executables
>
> Out of curiosity, which version of gcc are you using?

As I posted a few lines up, it's gcc 2.95.4 ;-)

After I sent the original message, I tried to play around with the
configure variables, and discovered that it only worked by
eliminating the entire

'--with-named-thread-libs=-DHAVE_GLIBC2_STYLE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R    \
-D_THREAD_SAFE -DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH                            \
-L/usr/local/lib       \
-llthread -llgcc_r'

group; I tried removing each one individually and it failed each
time with the

checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char), 77

error.

I've since given up, installed with the exact configure line shown
in the MySQL docs, FreeBSD section, and it worked perfectly, so I'm
worrying about moving my grant tables from 3.23.49 and so forth,
instead of getting Linuxthreads to work....But I'd be happy to try
to get this fixed, especially if it will help others.

Best,

Jesse Sheidlower
Thread
Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJesse Sheidlower28 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJeremy Zawodny28 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJesse Sheidlower28 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher29 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJeremy Zawodny29 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson28 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher29 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson29 Jan
    • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsGianluca Sordiglioni29 Jan
      • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher30 Jan
        • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsGianluca Sordiglioni30 Jan
          • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsJonathan Disher30 Jan
            • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
              • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson31 Jan
                • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsMaximo Migliari31 Jan
  • Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsDan Nelson31 Jan
Re: Configure prob with FreeBSD/LinuxthreadsEric Frazier2 Feb