List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 27 2003 10:52pm
Subject:Re: Doorstop II now available
View as plain text
At 14:38 -0800 1/27/03, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 01:17:26PM -0600, Paul DuBois wrote:
>>  Okay, it seems that the book is making its way to the booksellers now,
>>  so it's time for a general announcement:
>>
>>  MySQL, Second Edition (a.k.a. "Doorstop II") is now available.
>>  Information is available at the companion web site, including
>>  a page indicating what's new, links for downloading the accompanying
>>  software distribution, and links to bookseller listings.  See:
>>
>>       http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-book/
>>
>>  Sorry, no reviews yet. Book's too new! :-)
>
>Looks good at first glance!  But there are a ton of pages to flip
>thru.  (My copy arrived this morning...)

Maybe I should work up a snappy slogan like: 65% more pages, but
only 25% more thickness!

I guess that's not too snappy. But  a'm glad they used thin enough paper
that it didn't turn into a completely giant book.

>Jeremy
>--
>Jeremy D. Zawodny     |  Perl, Web, MySQL, Linux Magazine, Yahoo!
><Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/
>
>MySQL 4.0.8: up 8 days, processed 241,781,096 queries (312/sec. avg)

Thread
Doorstop II now availablePaul DuBois27 Jan
  • Re: Doorstop II now availableJeremy Zawodny27 Jan
    • Re: Doorstop II now availablePaul DuBois27 Jan
      • Re: Doorstop II now availableJeremy Zawodny28 Jan
      • Re: Doorstop II now availableAlex Pilson28 Jan