List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Gould Date:January 24 2003 12:47pm
Subject:smallest dumpfiles in Windows in one step?
View as plain text
Good morning everyone,

I'm running short on harddrive space on my Windows
computer.  What's the best way to get the smallest
dump file in one step in Windows XP?

On my FreeBSD computer, the following command produces
an 808MB dumpfile from an 11GB database in one step:

mysqldump -q -uusername -p dbname | gzip -c >
dbname.gz

I tried the following in Windows; but stopped
mysqldump after the resulting file exceeded 1GB:

mysqldump -q -C -uusername -p"password" dbname >
dbname.dmp

Thanks,

Andrew Gould