List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 24 2003 12:17am
Subject:Re: group multiple queries.. if one fails all fail
View as plain text
This would be called transactions: your're looking for COMMIT/ROLLBACK. As
far as I know, transactions are only available on BDB and InnoDb table
types. See

At 12:24 AM 1/23/03 , Ciprian I. Acatrinei wrote:
>I looked a lot and I couldn't find a solution to this problem:
>Ex: I have 5 queries. I run them and one of them fails. The rest are ok.
>So 4 tables are affected and one is not. Is there a way of testing the
>queries if they will be successful and only if all of them are then they
>should be run?
>Thank you,
>Ciprian I. Acatrinei <ciasql@stripped>
>Before posting, please check:
>   (the manual)
>           (the list archive)
>To request this thread, e-mail <mysql-thread130754@stripped>
>To unsubscribe, e-mail
>Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

| Steve Edberg                                      sbedberg@stripped |
| Database/Programming/SysAdmin                            (530)754-9127 |
| University of California, Davis    |

group multiple queries.. if one fails all failCiprian I. Acatrinei23 Jan
  • Re: group multiple queries.. if one fails all failSteve Edberg24 Jan