List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 22 2003 4:56am
Subject:Re: Rank Amateur Back for More
View as plain text
At 23:10 -0500 1/21/03, Stephen Tiano wrote:
>mysql
>
>>Thanks for responding, Paul. What's interesting is that pet.txt was
>>still "not found" when I used the path as you suggested. What would
>>be the reason for it being "invisible"?

That that isn't really the correct path.  I was just guessing what the
path is, after all.  What directory are you running mysql in, and what
is that directory's relationship to the directory where pet.txt is located?

>>Steve Tiano

>>>You must name the path to the file as it would be found beginning from
>>>your current directory.  If you're in the Sites/menagerie directory, then
>>>the statement should work as you've shown it.  If not, name the path to the
>>>file.  For example, if you're in the parent directory of the Sites
>>>directory,
>>>the statement would be
>>>
>>>LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'Sites/menagerie/pet.txt' INTO TABLE pet;

Thread
Rank Amateur Back for MoreStephen Tiano22 Jan
  • Re: Rank Amateur Back for MorePaul DuBois22 Jan
  • Re: Rank Amateur Back for MoreMichael T. Babcock22 Jan
Re: Rank Amateur Back for MoreStephen Tiano22 Jan
  • Re: Rank Amateur Back for MorePaul DuBois22 Jan