List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 21 2003 6:33pm
Subject:Re: Hi and why
View as plain text
At 15:02 -0200 1/21/03, Valdir Stiebe Junior wrote:
>Hi, i'm new at this list and to the mysql world. I'm a delphi/firebird
>developer and have to acomplish some tasks using a mysql based database. So
>i'm looking about how things work in mysql.
>
>My question... i created a table TEST, with two columns, ID_TEST int(11) and
>NAME varchar(50).. and  added three records. This way:
>
>1, "ppl1"
>2, "ppl2"
>3, <null>
>
>ok.. why when i execute this sql, mysql return the two first rows, instead
>of raising an error?
>
>select * from TEST where NAME = 2??

I don't know why it returns the first two rows, but (assuming you didn't
really end your query with two question marks) what error are you expecting
to occur?

>TIA.

Thread
Always need to change to root user when I start the serverAlejandro C. Garrammone21 Jan
  • Re: Always need to change to root user when I start the serverDavid T-G21 Jan
  • re: Always need to change to root user when I start the serverEgor Egorov21 Jan
    • Hi and whyValdir Stiebe Junior21 Jan
      • Re: Hi and whyPaul DuBois21 Jan
    • Re: Hi and whyValdir Stiebe Junior21 Jan
      • Re: Hi and whyPaul DuBois21 Jan
      • RE: Hi and whyDean Harding21 Jan
    • Re: Hi and whyValdir Stiebe Junior21 Jan
    • Re: Hi and whyValdir Stiebe Junior21 Jan
      • Re: Hi and whyPaul DuBois21 Jan
    • Re: Hi and whygerald_clark21 Jan
    • Re: Hi and whyGelu Gogancea21 Jan