List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:September 14 1999 6:03pm
Subject:Re: Question
View as plain text
At 11:34 AM -0600 9/14/99, Smirnov Andrey wrote:
>	I deleted several records from the mysql db.  I am wondering what
>file contains the actual data so I can restore it.  Let me know I need to
>provide more info.

If you mean you want to restore the entire file off a backup tape
or something, the mysql database will be stored under the MySQL
data directory.  This is often /usr/local/var or /usr/local/mysql/data,
but you can find out for sure by running "mysqladmin variables" and
checking the value of the "datadir" variable.

The mysql database is in the mysql directory under the data directory.
The files corresponding to the grant tables are easily recognized there.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread