List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Menzel Date:January 21 2003 2:16pm
Subject:Re: FreeBSD 5.0 Thread Work...
View as plain text
Hi Dan,
   Thanks for that information,  does that mean (for us simple SQL
guys) that even though I am running 5.0RC3 and can compile and install
MySQL just fine (from ports or with my own script) it is using the
threads library from 4-STABLE branch not the new threads?

Also does this have soemthing to do with the word GIANT0 that keeps
appearing in the 'top' process list?

<observations>
I was hoping for great things from the 5.0, even with kernel profiling
off (invariants?) the /usr/local/sql-bench runs slower on 5.0.  It is
not a show stopper, but it is noticable and measureable.  I am going
to continue to run 5.0 on my test servers with the hopes of great
improvements.  I guess it will be a few more months before trying in
production to be able to see an improvement.  I don't mind being an
early adopter (with the problems that comes with it),  but it will be
good to see things works better.  It does appear not to creash at all!
(for me).
<\observations>

Guess it just a little early, (Darn)!

A freebsd fan