List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krzysztof Karski Date:January 21 2003 9:32am
Subject:replication problems with InnoDB tables...?
View as plain text
So I have been reading a lot lately about replication but I can't find a
good summary/explanation of MySQL's replication features regarding InnoDB
tables and how their transactional properties may cause problems in
replication.

I have seen suggestions that InnoDB tables should be converted to MyISAM
tables before being loaded and then converted back to InnoDB tables.

I have also seen many others here confused as to what problems there are
between InnoDB and replication.

So, could some friendly MySQL guru please explain to me, and many others,
what the replication issues with InnoDB tables really are...please? The docs
state that InnoDB is replication safe yet there seem to be so many problems
with them when updates fail, roll back or are partially executed because
some constraint conflict that causes replication to stop.

Sincerely
Kris Karski

replication problems with InnoDB tables...?Krzysztof Karski21 Jan
Re: replication problems with InnoDB tables...?Heikki Tuuri21 Jan