List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 20 2003 6:34pm
Subject:Re: What is the best known practice for insertion...?
View as plain text
At 9:47 +0000 1/20/03, Sean Burlington wrote:
>Daevid Vincent wrote:
>>This may be useful to you:
>>http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/REPLACE.html
>>

>replace works very nicley and is IMO a good extension to standard SQL
>
>another way that may be suitable is to delete first and then insert
>(this may erase data if you are not inserting all columns)

If you're not inserting all columns, so will REPLACE!

Thread
What is the best known practice for insertion...?Roiy Zysman20 Jan
  • RE: What is the best known practice for insertion...?Daevid Vincent20 Jan
    • Re: What is the best known practice for insertion...?Sean Burlington20 Jan
      • Re: What is the best known practice for insertion...?Paul DuBois20 Jan
  • Re: What is the best known practice for insertion...?Tonu Samuel20 Jan
  • Re: What is the best known practice for insertion...?Sasha Pachev20 Jan
RE: What is the best known practice for insertion...?Roiy Zysman20 Jan
Re: What is the best known practice for insertion...?Steve Edberg20 Jan