List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 20 2003 10:59am
Subject:Re: Indexing
View as plain text
At 6:12 PM +0800 1/20/03, Jon  Miller wrote:
>I'm new to MySQL and loving it. So pardon my lack of the simple
>things. I need to index a table where the field is indexed, so when
>I look at the in the PHP script it is in order.

Use 'order by' in your select statement:

>  Also when I run a query how can I save the results as a new table?

Use the 'create' statement:

alternatively, if you want to save the results in an existing table,
use the 'insert' statement:

>Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
>Director/Sr Systems Consultant
>MMT Networks Pty Ltd
>"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
>  is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby
>Before posting, please check:
>   (the manual)
>           (the list archive)
>To request this thread, e-mail <mysql-thread130394@stripped>
>To unsubscribe, e-mail
>Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

| Steve Edberg                                      sbedberg@stripped |
| University of California, Davis                          (530)754-9127 |
| Programming/Database/SysAdmin      |
| SETI@Home: 1001 Work units on 23 oct 2002                              |
| 3.152 years CPU time, 3.142 years SETI user... and STILL no aliens...  |
IndexingJon  Miller20 Jan
  • Re: IndexingSteve Edberg20 Jan
Re: IndexingAlec.Cawley20 Jan