List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Len Rose Date:September 14 1999 3:46pm
Subject:Masking command line passwords (solaris)
View as plain text
I realize that with bsd'ish systems that you're simply modifying argv..

That code isn't working on Solaris, any ideas on how to work around this?
Since (I seem to remember) the first 80(?) bytes is in the user process
area and can't be munged on w/o writing to kernel memory..

It really sucks when you have to run mysql* on the command line with my
passwords hanging in the process lists for anyone to see..

Maybe I'll have to write a wrapper that exec()'s the appropriate mysql*
utility just so I can mask it?

Len

Thread
Masking command line passwords (solaris)Len Rose14 Sep
  • Re: Masking command line passwords (solaris)Martin Ramsch14 Sep
    • Re: Masking command line passwords (solaris)Len Rose15 Sep
      • Problems with isamchkGraeme B. Davis15 Sep