List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:January 20 2003 2:50am
Subject:RE: Random ID creation in MySQL /Linux
View as plain text
What language are you using? In PHP use this:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.session-id.php

You could also experiment with mySQL's built in
NOW or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or UNIX_TIMESTAMP
or ENCRYPT or MD5 or SHA or AES_ENCRYPT
or RAND
And some combination of those (hint hint)

Thread
Random ID creation in MySQL /LinuxDIetrich Speer20 Jan
  • RE: Random ID creation in MySQL /LinuxDaevid Vincent20 Jan