List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 14 1999 11:57am
Subject:2 questions 1) Limit x,y 2) select *,somefunction(x)
View as plain text
>>>>> "Patric" == Patric de Waha <genlok@stripped> writes:

Patric> Hi,
Patric> 	Ok I 've two questions :)

		1)

<cut> (Already answered)

Patric> 	2) When I do a SELECT *,some_slowfunction(x) from tblads join xx on w=y
Patric> where n=s;

Patric> 	   :)

Patric> 	   Now	what I want to know is:  Is the some_slowfunction(x) function
Patric> calculated
Patric> 	   before the where applies to the table?!

The SELECT part is calculated only when needed (In this case just
before sending the result row to the client)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
2 questions 1) Limit x,y 2) select *,somefunction(x)Patric de Waha9 Sep
  • Re: 2 questions 1) Limit x,y 2) select *,somefunction(x)sinisa9 Sep
  • Re: 2 questions 1) Limit x,y 2) select *,somefunction(x)Martin Ramsch9 Sep
  • 2 questions 1) Limit x,y 2) select *,somefunction(x)Michael Widenius14 Sep