List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 16 2003 4:26pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Secure Replication
View as plain text
At 23:17 +0800 1/16/03, Ivan Hoo wrote:
>  > > there seem to be a lack of documentation on this part.
>>
>>  Mostly because it can't be done (that I'm aware of).
>
>if it can't be done, why is it in the documentation already. i can
>understand that if 4.0.x is still in alpha or beta stage. but now it is
>almost near release (gamma).
>
>the official mysql documentation
>(http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Ad
>ministration.html#Replication_Options) actually defines a few variables
>pertaining to ssl replication (master-ssl, master-ssl-key, master-ssl-cert).
>doesn't this tell you that ssl replication is already supported?

No, it cannot be done.  Those options have been added, yes, but they
do nothing at the moment.  You can specify the options and they'll
be parsed, but nothing is done with their values yet.

>regards,
>ivan

Thread
MySQL Secure ReplicationIvan Hoo13 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationJeremy Zawodny14 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationMichael T. Babcock15 Jan
      • RE: MySQL Secure ReplicationBasil Hussain15 Jan
        • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationJeremy Zawodny15 Jan
      • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationJeremy Zawodny15 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationTonu Samuel16 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationIvan Hoo16 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationMichael T. Babcock22 Jan
      • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationJeremy Zawodny23 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationIvan Hoo16 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationPaul DuBois16 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationIvan Hoo17 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Secure ReplicationTonu Samuel17 Jan