List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 1 1999 10:12pm
Subject:Socket timeout
View as plain text
>>>>> "Roland" == Roland Carlsson <te8rolca@stripped> writes:

Roland> Hi!  I have noticed that bin/mysql drops the connection to the
Roland> mysqldemon after a while. I wonder if there is a way to set
Roland> the time the demon holds the connection open. Right now I have
Roland> a connectionpool to keep track of the connections to the
Roland> database but when the thread that have got a connection from
Roland> the pool doesn't return the connection it's lost and open
Roland> until I restart the whole program.

Roland> Thanks Roland Carlsson

Hi!

You can set change the timeout by setting the 'wait_time' variable
when you start mysqld.

Note however that most clients should automatically reconnect to the
MySQL server when needed.  One some clients you can also force a
reconnection with a 'ping' command.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Socket timeoutRoland Carlsson1 Apr
  • Beginner ProblemMike Watson1 Apr
    • Re: Beginner ProblemChristian Mack1 Apr
  • Socket timeoutMichael Widenius2 Apr