List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Maximo Migliari Date:January 15 2003 8:26pm
Subject:Re: To BLOB or not to BLOB
View as plain text
It depends on what kind of comparing you will be doing.  Text is
case-Insensitive for comparisons, blob is case-Sensitive.
Generally I find that for pure text, TEXT type is better.  For files and
texts that need to be compared case-sensitively, use BLOB.

Either way, for images, and any other binary content, you HAVE to store as
a blob.  I wouldn't do it though.  I would have a varchar field that stores
the location and name of the file, and have the file be stored in the
filesystem.

Maximo.