List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sachin Goyal Date:March 11 1999 10:31am
Subject:Accessing MySQL database from the server running on differnet m/c
View as plain text
hello,

I am a newbie in Mysql use..i want to access some mysql database from a
m/c other than the mysql server running m/c.

I have tried to connect using mysql client...but failed..i think tha t
mysql server on Server m/c only accepts unix socket connections, not tcp
socket connections..

IN safe_mysqld file: original conf.

#Default communication ports
#MYSQL_TCP_PORT=3306
if test -z "$MYSQL_UNIX_PORT"
then
  MYSQL_UNIX_PORT="/tmp/mysql.sock"
  export MYSQL_UNIX_PORT
fi
#export MYSQL_TCP_PORT

I have tried now with '#' removed from TCP_PORT file, even than no
use...what other changes i need to do...

Any help will be appreciated..

sachin

Thread
Accessing MySQL database from the server running on differnet m/cSachin Goyal11 Mar
  • Accessing MySQL database from the server running on differnet m/cMichael Widenius14 Mar