List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:January 15 2003 12:12am
Subject:Re: storing a picture in a file or database (newbie)
View as plain text
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 03:58:10PM -0700, Grant Cooper wrote:

> Is it better to store a picture in mysql field or a link to the file
> on my server? I want to allow people to use a php script to upload a
> gif or a pic.  Any pro's and con's would be appreciated.

Have you looked in the archives?  This seems to have come up every
month for the last 2+ years and the answers rarely change.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 30 days, processed 1,011,922,846 queries (380/sec. avg)
Thread
storing a picture in a file or database (newbie)Grant Cooper14 Jan
  • Re: storing a picture in a file or database (newbie)Jeremy Zawodny15 Jan