List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:January 14 2003 6:44pm
Subject:Re: Mysql on FreeBSD with a NT linked database
View as plain text
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:49:24PM +0100, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Freebsd 4.6.2 with mysql server v3.23.49
>
> I have a little question about using Mysql on Freebsd and having a
> database on a NT 4 linked drive, using Samba (the drive was mounted
> on my FreeBSD system with Sharity-light because "smbmount" doesn't
> work on Freebsd) .
>
> I can query my database on the linked drive, but I cannot insert or
> update anything. I've always the read only error message when I try
> to insert a row ..

Have you verified that the drive is mounted read/write?
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 30 days, processed 1,007,078,290 queries (381/sec. avg)
Thread
Mysql on FreeBSD with a NT linked databaseNicolas14 Jan
  • Re: Mysql on FreeBSD with a NT linked databaseJeremy Zawodny14 Jan
    • Availablility of MySQL 4.0.9 for Windows (bins)Gabe Geisendorfer14 Jan
      • re: Availablility of MySQL 4.0.9 for Windows (bins)Victoria Reznichenko15 Jan
  • Re: Mysql on FreeBSD with a NT linked databaseNicolas15 Jan
    • Re: Mysql on FreeBSD with a NT linked databaseDan Nelson15 Jan
  • Re: Mysql on FreeBSD with a NT linked databaseNicolas16 Jan