List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 14 2003 6:13pm
Subject:Re: Populating one table with data from another
View as plain text
At 12:01 -0500 1/14/03, Michael Knauf/Niles wrote:
>Ok, this has got to be easy, but I'm not getting it right...
>

>I have a table, products containing a 944 rows. One of the fields is
>fgNumber,
>
>I have another table, categoryRelatedToProducts which also has an fgNumber
>field and currently has no data.
>
>I'd like to add all 944 fgNumbers to the categoryRelatedToProducts table.
>
>Can I do this with one sql statement?

Just that column?

INSERT INTO categoryRelatedToProducts (fgNumbers)
SELECT fgNumbers FROM products;

>Michael

Thread
Populating one table with data from anotherMichael Knauf/Niles14 Jan
  • Re: Populating one table with data from anotherPaul DuBois14 Jan
  • Re: Populating one table with data from anotherSteve Edberg14 Jan
  • Re: Populating one table with data from anotherGelu Gogancea14 Jan
  • Re: Populating one table with data from anotheriConnect \(Berlin\) Stefan Hinz14 Jan