List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 14 2003 6:25am
Subject:RE: select the next name
View as plain text
At 6:02 +0000 1/14/03, mySQL_list@stripped wrote:
>  > SELECT id,first,last FROM names ORDER BY id LIMIT 2,1;
>>
>>  Work?  Limits to one result, start at second offset.  (I may have the 2,1 in
>>  the wrong order though)
>
>Ok my gut would say that this would not give the result I want
>unless the id's are sorted by last name, and given inserts and such
>I can see that would not be the case.   But I sense the glimmer of
>an approach in this query...

I thought about answering your original post except that I couldn't figure
out what you want.  And after reading this, I'm even more confused.  What
does it mean for id's to be sorted by last name?

>Sam D

Thread
select the next namemySQL_list14 Jan
  • RE: select the next nameAdam Erickson14 Jan
RE: select the next namemySQL_list14 Jan
  • RE: select the next namePaul DuBois14 Jan
  • RE: select the next nameAdam Erickson14 Jan
  • Re: select the next nameBenjamin Pflugmann14 Jan
  • Re: select the next nameNicholas Elliott14 Jan
    • Re: select the next nameBenjamin Pflugmann14 Jan
RE: select the next namemySQL_list14 Jan
  • Re: select the next nameRonald Beck14 Jan